Summer is a time filled with sun, the great outdoors and memories. For adults, we may fill our days with work and have only a few weekends to get in our planned activities. Maybe you want to read a certain book this summer, climb a mountain or try some new recipes. Whatever your goals are, here are 25 fun activities you may want to consider trying to break up the mundane of the everyday routine.
2. Take a weekend road trip with friends to the next town over, and explore their tourist spots.
3. Make your own homemade slip n’ slide.
6. Pick fruit at a farm.
7. Visit a farmers market.
8. Make homemade popsicles.
9. Learn how to do something new: play an instrument, knit, learn a new language (YouTube will be helpful for this).
11. Take a painting class with friends at a local business, or host a painting class at your home using a YouTube video for step-by-step instructions.
12. Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
13. Use your lunch break one day to play a game of soccer, volleyball or Frisbee.
14. Go for a walk on a trail you’ve never been to before, and explore.
15. Cook meals for friends.
16. Host a homemade ice cream competition among friends, and vote for whose ice cream tastes the best. Who doesn’t love ice cream?
17. Look for free events in your town: jazz concerts, outdoor movies, etc.
18. Host a potluck at a nearby park.
20. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or local food pantry.
21. Have a game night with friends.
22. Re-read books from your childhood.
23. Take pictures of nature.
24. Play a card game with co-workers during your lunch break. I used to play spoons during lunch in high school.
25. Go fishing.
Wherever you find yourself make sure to stay safe. And for your summer needs Modern Market Online has you covered. If we don't have it, we will try to find it for you. Just drop us a line and we'll get on it.